Sunday, September 17, 2006

running reading refreshing

Refreshing. Summer is still in the air, thank fuck, and it was great to get outside in the fine sunshine today. Long may it continue!
Reading. I have just finished "Saving Fish from Drowning" by Amy Tan. While parts of the book are just laughable I think that it was a great story well told and I enjoyed it cover to cover. Looking on the bookshelves I grabbed and have just opened "Arthur & George" by Julian Barnes.
Running. I have been running three times this week. On Fri I ran a very hilly 3.75 mile route, on Wed was my club's monthly handicap race (2 laps of a hilly 2.6 mile course) and on Mon I joined my first ever Sandhurst Joggers evening run (~6 miles). Darkness is closing in on the evening lightness so the latter two have finished in darkness. Great fun! I don't especially enjoy running in the dark but if I run with other people it is more sufferable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home